Introduction C language
C language was developed by Dennis Ritchie in 1972 at AT & T’s Bell Labs, New Jersy, USA.
- C language is inspired from B language which was developed by Ken Thompson.
- 80% code of UNIX operating system is written in C language.
- C is a middle level language that is a combination of high level and low level language.
- C follows procedure oriented programming approach.
- C follows top down approach.
Integrated Development Environment is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmer for software development.
An IDE normally consist of:
- A source code editor
- Compiler or interpreter
- Build automation
- A debugger
There are n numbers of IDEs available for C language. These IDEs not only gives you facility to write and edit code but also provide facility to compile and link to create object file and executable file. Turbo, visual studio, code blocks are few IDEs you can use.
It is a free, open-source cross-platform IDE that supports multiple compilers including GCC, Clang and Visual C++.